The traditional Maui Fair parade proclaims the opening of the 94th Fair on Thursday, October 6, 2016, starting at 4:30 p.m. The Parade will start from UH Maui College Campus, turn right onto Ka’ahumanu Avenue, and proceed to Kanaloa Avenue.
A mandatory meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, September 28, 2016 at the Maui Arts & Cultural Center’s Alexa Higashi Meeting Room from 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
MOBILE UNITS: All Mobile units MUST ENTER from the Beach Road onto Wahinepio Drive, and proceed to your assigned staging area. We ask that large units assemble by 2:30 p.m. where you may put finishing touches on your unit.
WALKERS: Dropping off walkers will not be allowed along Ka’ahumanu Avenue. This will be enforced! Walkers will be dropped off on Wahinepio Drive and can walk through the campus to their assigned area. After drop off, vehicles will be permitted to proceed to the Stadium Parking Lot for pick up at the parade’s end, or may be parked at the UH College Maui Campus field. There is a parking fee at both parking lots. CARPOOL is suggested to help keep the traffic congestion to a minimum.
RESTROOM FACILITIES: UH Maui College Campus has again graciously offered to make restroom facilities available for parade participants. The Hale Lua Building restroom will be open and monitored by Marshals for safety and capacity control. Please, help us to maintain a sanitary condition! Receptacles will be provided for disposal of paper products. Please inform your participants to dispose of litter properly! Mahalo!
Marching Units will disband at the Football Stadium. Mobile Units & Floats will continue on to Keopuolani Park Drive. Mobile units will be allowed to drop off riders after they exit the parade in the wide area before YMCA, but MUST IMMEDIATELY DEPART. There will be NO STOPPING OR PARKING on Keopuolani Park Drive, except in designated parking areas.
PARADE MARSHALS will be posted to direct units. MARSHALS in marked green shirts will be patrolling the entire parade route to ensure rules are followed, and to assist any units that may need help.
- Completed packet of Parade Application is due no later than Friday, September 23, 2016 by 2:00 p.m., there will be no exceptions.
- Wednesday, September 28, 2016 – mandatory meeting at the Maui Arts & Cultural Center’s Alexa Higashi Meeting Room from 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.. Staging area assignments, review of the parade rules and answers to your questions will be done at this meeting. Gate admission tickets will be issued. PLEASE BE ACCURATE as this will be monitored.
- Thursday, October 6, 2016, Maui Fair Parade begins promptly at 4:30 p.m.
- Jaime Cardoza, Parade Chairperson – 808-357-5903
- If you have any questions, please call Fair Administrative Office at 808-242-2721 (which will be open from August 1, 2015 between 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., Monday – Friday), or Sherri Grimes, Maui Fair Managing Director at 808-280-6889. You may also email us at email@example.com.
94th Maui Fair PARADE RULES
1. An authorized representative must attend the mandatory meeting on Wednesday, September 28, 2016 at Maui Arts & Cultural Center’s Alexa Higashi Meeting Room from 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
2. ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHOLIC beverages are permitted in all areas of the parade. This includes the staging & disassembly areas and the parade route. Violators will be asked to leave. Also, please REFRAIN FROM SMOKING in these same areas. We have many young children and young adults participating in the parade.
3. Tossing and handing out any items to spectators along the parade Route is ABSOLUTELY PROHIBITED. VIOLATORS WILL BE REMOVED
FROM THE PARADE BY MARSHALS & THEIR FUTURE PARADES APPLICATIONS WILL BE DENIED.
4. Distribution of printed material, leaflets, coupons, candy or souvenirs by personnel in the Staging Area is PROHIBITED. This includes political solicitations & handouts.
5. Proper footwear must be worn at all times. This means shoes, no rubber slippers. Gymnastic groups are exempted. However, please request an exemption from the Parade Chairperson if your group is affected.
6. Each unit is responsible for minors in their care. Adult supervisors for the unit will be accountable and responsible for all minors until a parent or guardian picks them up. The Parade Committee and the Maui Fair Alliance are not responsible for any unattended minor(s).
7. Please be COURTEOUS when using amplified sound on the parade route. Volume shall be adjusted so as not to interfere with other units.
8. TRASH: Police your area for trash! Bring rubbish bags to pick up all litter and debris, such as paper, cans, flowers, water bottles, etc. BEFORE LEAVING YOUR STAGING & DISASSEMBLY AREA – PICK UP TRASH & DISPOSE OF IT PROPERLY! Mahalo!!!
9. BE PUNCTUAL! Please be punctual and make sure your unit is ready when the Marshal asks you to move into position for entry into your parade sequence.
10. Be sure to provide water and other necessities your unit may require, such as medications, snacks, wheelchairs or other ambulatory or required items. The Parade Committee does not provide any of these items.
11. INSURANCE COVERAGE: As a parade participant, liability insurance for $1,000,000.00 is mandatory. Remit payment as indicated on the Fair Application and the Maui Fair Alliance will provide coverage for you. ONLY CASHIER’S CHECK made out to the Maui Fair Alliance will be accepted. When submitting your Parade Application, insurance compliance/payment is required.