Registration is CLOSED.
- Your participation is not guaranteed until approved by Maui Fair Alliance. We contact you with confirmation and information.
- Please pay the entry fee of $25 due at the day of the event.
- Cash or Check made payable to: MCFFRA (Maui County Fire Fighters Relief Association)
- Each entry will receive 2 admission passes to the Maui Fair and 1 Unloading pass.
- Event begins at 3:00 p.m., judging for “OPEN” category will commence at 3:30 p.m.
- At no time shall “Open Category” entries be made available for consumption to the general public.
- Contact Karey for all inquiries at 808-870-5171 or email email@example.com.
Rules and Regulations
- Contestants will not be professional cooks
- All entries are welcomed. recipes will not be limited to red chili, green chili, beans or no beans.
- All entries will be prepared off-site
- A minimum of two (2) quarts shall be prepared for judging
- Contestant will provide five (5) sample size bowls (4 – 6 oz size) and utensils for judge sampling and judging
- Host will provide prep area and washing station
- Event begins at 3:00PM, Judging for “Open Category” will commence at 3:30PM.
- Judging Criteria
- Taste -the taste should consist of the combination of any meat, peppers, spices, etc, with no particular ingredient being dominant, but rather a blend of the flavors. does it make you want more?
- Consistency -chili must have a good ratio between sauce and meat. It should not be dry, watery, grainy, lumpy, or greasy
- Aroma -does it smell appetizing?
- Color -does it look appetizing?
- Bite -how does the heat of the peppers and spices compliment the dish?
- At no time shall “open category” entries be made available for consumption to the general public please contact chad for all inquiries at 808 357-2134