Rules & Regulations – OPEN Category
- Contestants will NOT be professional cooks
- All entries are welcomed. Recipes will not be limited to red chili, green chili, beans or no beans.
- All entries will be prepared off-site.
- A minimum of (2) Two quarts shall be prepared for judging.
- Contestants shall provide their own heating element, utensils, food containers, etc., for use at the fairgrounds.
- Host will provide prep area and washing station
- Host will provide sampling bowls, utensils and paper goods to contestants for judge sampling.
- Event begins at 3:30 p.m., judging for “OPEN” category will commence at 4:00 p.m., and conclude with awards approximately at 5:30 p.m.
- Contestants will provide approximately 10x – 6 oz. samples for the judges panel.
- Taste – the taste should consist of the combination of any meat, peppers, spices etc. with no particular ingredient being dominant, but rather a blend of the flavors. Does it make you want more?
- Consistency – chili must have a good ratio between sauce and meat. It should not be dry, watery, grainy, lumpy or greasy.
- Aroma – does it smell appetizing?
- Color – does it look appetizing?
- Bite – how does the heat of the peppers and spices compliment the dish?
- A single grand prize of a round trip for two on Alaska Airlines (system-wide) will be awarded by the judges for the OPEN category winner.
- At no time shall “Open Category” entries be made available for consumption to the general public.
Contact Chad for all inquiries at 808-357-2134.